7. What Is The Holy Spirit?
The Holy Spirit mediates between illusions and the truth. As He must bridge the gap between reality and dreams, perception leads to knowledge through the grace that God has given Him to be His gift to everyone who turns to Him for truth. Across the bridge that He provides are dreams all carried to the truth to be dispelled before the light of knowledge. There are sights and sounds forever laid aside. And where they were perceived before, forgiveness has made possible perception’s tranquil end.
2. The goal the Holy Spirit’s teaching sets is just this end of dreams. For sights and sounds must be translated from the witnesses of fear to those of love, and when this is entirely accomplished, learning has achieved the only goal it has in truth. For learning, as the Holy Spirit guides it to the outcome He perceives for it, becomes the means to go beyond itself, to be replaced by the eternal truth.
3. If you but knew how much your Father yearns to have you recognize your sinlessness, you would not let His Voice appeal in vain, nor turn from His replacement for the fearful images and dreams you made. The Holy Spirit understands the means you made by which you would attain what is forever unattainable. And if you offer them to Him, He will employ the means to where it truly is at home.
4. From knowledge, where He has been placed by God, the Holy Spirit calls to you to let forgiveness rest upon your dreams, and be restored to sanity and peace of mind. Without forgiveness will your dreams remain to terrify you, and the memory of all your Father’s love will not return to signify the end of dreams has come.
5. Accept your Father’s gift. It is a Call from Love to love, that it be but itself. The Holy Spirit is His gift, by Which the quietness of Heaven is restored to God’s beloved Son. Would you refuse to take the function of completing God, when all He wills is that you be completed?
I Can Be Hurt By Nothing But My Thoughts.
Father, Your Son is perfect. When he thinks that he is hurt in any way, it is because he has forgotten who he is, and that he is as You created him. Your thoughts can only bring me happiness. If ever I am sad or hurt or ill, I have forgotten what You think, and put my little, meaningless ideas in place of where Your thoughts belong, and where they are. I can be hurt by nothing but my thoughts. The thoughts I think with You can only bless. The thoughts I think with You alone are true.
2. I will not hurt myself today, for I am far beyond all pain. My Father placed me safe in Heaven, watching over me.90 And I would not attack the Son He loves, for what He loves is mine to love as well..
. A Course in Miracles Complete & Annotated Edition.
Footnote 90. Jeremiah 31:28 (RSV): “So I will watch over them to build and to plant, says the Lord.” Traditionally, God watches over us here on earth, protecting us from danger. In the above passage, however, God watches over us in Heaven, making sure we are perfectly safe from anything less than Heaven.
I can be hurt by nothing but my thoughts. I meditate on above prayer today, and in quiet I wait to hear my Father’s Voice. I pray for all my brothers and myself for continued guidance, wisdom, discernment, protection, and illumination, of The Way, The Truth, The Life, in Christ Jesus, Amen. Thank you for sharing with me. Walk in Love my friend!
God is Love
Love is God
I choose Love