Undoing The Way We See Things Now
There Is No Peace Except The Peace of God
Seek you no further. You will not find peace except the peace of God. Accept this fact, and save yourself the agony of yet more bitter disappointments, bleak despair, and sense of icy hopelessness and doubt. Seek you no further. There is nothing else for you to find except the peace of God, unless you seek for misery and pain.
2. This is the final point to which each one must come at last, to lay aside all hope of finding happiness where there is none, of being saved by what can only hurt, of making peace of chaos, joy of pain, and Heaven out of hell. Attempt no more to win through losing, nor to die to live. You cannot but be asking for defeat.
3. Yet you can ask as easily for love, for happiness, and for eternal life, in peace that has no ending. Ask for this, and you can only win. To ask for what is false be true can only fail. Forgive yourself for vain imaginings, and seek no longer what you cannot find. For what could be more foolish than to seek and seek and seek again for hell, when you have but to look with open eyes to find that Heaven lies before you, through a door which opens easily to welcome you?
4. Come home. You have not found your happiness in foreign places and in alien forms which have no meaning to you, though you seek to make them meaningful. This world is not where you belong. You are a stranger here. But it is given you to find the means whereby the world no longer seems to be a prison house for you or anyone.
5. Freedom is given you where you beheld but chains and iron doors. For you must change your mind about the purpose of the world, if you would escape. You will be bound till all the world is seen by you as blessed, and everyone made free of your mistakes and honored as he is. You made him not; no more yourself. And as you free the one, the other is accepted as he is.
6. What does forgiveness do? In truth it has no function and does nothing, for it is unknown in Heaven. It is only hell where it is needed, and where it must serve a mighty function. Is not the escape of God’s beloved Son from evil dreams that he imagines yet believes are true a worthy purpose? Who could hope for more while there appears to be a choice to make between success and failure; love and fear?
7. There is no peace except the peace of God, because He has one Son, who cannot make a world in opposition to God’s will and to his own, which is the same as His. What could he hope to find in such a world? It cannot have reality, because it never was created. Is it here that he would seek for peace? Or must he see that, as he looks on it, the world can but deceive? Yet can he learn to look on it another way and find the peace of God.
8. Peace is the bridge which everyone will cross to leave this world behind. But it begins within the world perceived as different, and will lead from this fresh perception to the gate of Heaven and the way beyond. Peace is the answer to conflicting goals, to senseless journeys, frantic vain pursuits, and meaningless endeavors. Now the way is easy, sloping gently toward the bridge where freedom lies within the peace of God.
9. Let us not lose our way again today. We go to Heaven, and the path is straight. Only if we attempt to wander can there be delay and needless waste of time on thorny byways. God alone is sure, and He will guide your footsteps. He will not desert His Son in need, nor let him stray forever from his home. The Father calls; the Son will hear. And that is all there is to what appears to be a world apart from God, where bodies have reality.
10. Now is there silence. Seek no further. You have come to where the road is carpeted with leaves of false desires, fallen from the trees of hopelessness you sought before. Now are they underfoot. And you look up and on toward Heaven, with the body’s eyes but serving for an instant longer now. Peace is already recognized at last, and you can feel its soft embrace surround your heart and mind with comfort and with love.
11. Today we seek no idols. Peace cannot be found in them. The peace of God is ours, and only this will we accept and want. Peace be to us today. For we have found a simple, happy way to leave the world of ambiguities, and to replace our shifting goals and solitary dreams with single purpose and companionship, for peace is union if it be of God. We seek no further. We are close to home, and draw still nearer every time we say:
There is no peace except the peace of God,
And I am glad and thankful it is so..
. A Course in Miracles Complete & Annotated Edition.
There is no peace except the peace of God. I ask Holy Spirit to help me not to delay today by seeking hell when I have only to look with open eyes to find Heaven lies before me, through a door which opens easily to welcome me. I no longer look for happiness in foreign places and in alien forms which have no meaning. This world is not where I belong. I am a stranger here, praise be to our Heavenly Father who has given us a means by which to see the world is not our prison house. Freedom is given us. Peace is the bridge we will cross to leave this world behind as we perceive the world differently through the eyes of Christ, with fresh perception leading us to the gates of Heaven and the way beyond. Peace is the answer to conflicting goals, to senseless journeys, frantic vain pursuits, and meaningless endeavors. Let us not lose our way again today. Only if we attempt to wander can there be delay and needless waste of time on thorny byways. There is no peace except the peace of God, and I am glad and thankful it is so. I pray for all my brothers and myself for continued guidance, wisdom, discernment, protection, and illumination of The Way, The Truth, The Life, in Christ Jesus, Amen. Thank you for sharing with me. Walk in Love my friend!
God is Love
Love is God
I choose Love