Undoing The Way We See Things Now
All Things Are Lessons God Would Have Me Learn.
God does not know of learning. Yet His will extends to what He does not understand in that He wills the happiness His Son inherited of Him be undisturbed, eternal and forever gaining scope, eternally expanding in the joy of full creation, and eternally open and wholly limitless in Him. This is His will. And thus His will provides the means to guarantee that it is done.
2. God sees no contradictions. Yet His Son believes he sees them. Thus he has a need for One Who can correct his erring sight and give him vision that will lead him back to where perception ceases. God does not perceive at all. Yet is He Who gives the means by which perception is made true and beautiful enough to let the light of Heaven shine upon it. It is He Who answers what His Son would contradict, and keeps his sinlessness forever safe.
3. God offers no forgiveness, for He know no sin is possible. And yet He let His holy law of love be given form in which it can be offered to the world. And He created One Who could perceive what form this law should take, to be received by every mind which had forgotten it as it exists in Heaven and in God. Thus He encompassed what He could not see or understand, by giving of His love and making answer to a question which, though meaningless, His Son had asked of Him.
4. The One Whom God created to replace the foolish thought which crept into the mind of His most holy Son with peace and joy fulfills His function now. He redirects each lesson you would teach in hate to one in which forgiveness enters, and returns the hate to love, so that the fear is gone. And now guilt cannot enter, for its source has been excluded as the purpose of the lesson has been changed to guiltlessness; the hatred has been rooted out by love.
5. These are the lessons God would have you learn. His will reflects them all, and they reflect His loving-kindness to the Son He loves. Each lesson has a central thought, the same in all of them. The form alone is changed, with different characters and different themes, apparent but not real. They are the same in fundamental content. It is this: Forgive, and you will see this differently.
6. Certain it is that all distress does not appear to be but unforgiveness. Yet that is the content underneath the form. It is this sameness that makes learning sure, because the lesson is so simple that it cannot be rejected in the end. No one can hide forever from a truth so very obvious that it appears in countless forms, and yet is recognized as easily in all of them, if one but wants to see the simple lesson there.
7. “Forgive, and you will see this differently.” These are the words the Holy Spirit speaks in all your tribulations, all your pain, all suffering regardless of its forms. These are the words with which temptation ends and guilt, abandoned, is revered no more. These are the words which end the dream of sin and rid the mind of fear. These are the words by which salvation comes to all the world.
8. Shall we not learn to say these words when tempted to believe that pain is real, and death becomes our choice instead of life? Shall we not learn to say these words when we have understood their power to release all minds from bondage? These are words which give you power over all events which seem to have been given power over you. You see them rightly when you hold these words in full awareness and do not forget these words apply to everything you see or any brother looks upon amiss.
9. How can you tell when you are seeing wrong, or someone else is failing to perceive the lessons he should learn? Does pain seem real in the perception? If it does, be sure the lesson is not learned, and there remains an unforgiveness hiding in the mind which sees the pain through eyes the mind directs.
10. God would not have you suffer thus. He would help you forgive yourself. His Son does not remember who he is. And God would have him not forget His love, and all the gifts His love brings with it. Would you now renounce your own salvation? Would you fail to learn the simple lessons Heaven’s Teacher sets before you that all pain may disappear and God may be remembered by His Son?
11. All things are lessons God Would have you learn. He would not leave an unforgiving thought without correction, nor one thorn or nail to hurt His sacred Son in any way. He would ensure his holy rest remain untroubled and serene, without a care, in an eternal home which cares for him. And He would have all tears be wiped away, with none remaining yet unshed, and none but waiting their appointed time to fall. For God has willed that laughter should replace each one, and that His Son be free again.
12. We will attempt today to overcome a thousand seeming obstacles to peace in just one day. Let mercy come to you more quickly. Do not try to hold it off another day, another minute, or another instant. Time was made for this. Use it today for what its purpose is. Morning and night devote what time you can to serve its proper aim, and do not let the time be less than meets your deepest need.
13. Give all you can, and give a little more, for now we would arise in haste and go unto our Father’s house. We have been gone too long, and we would linger here no more. And as we practice, let us think about all things we saved to settle by ourselves, and kept apart from healing. Let us give them all to Him Who knows the way to look upon them so they all will disappear. Truth is His message; truth His teaching is. His are the lessons God would have us learn.
14. Each hour spend a little time today and in the days to come in practicing the lesson in forgiveness in the form established for the day. And try to give it application to the happenings the hour brought, so that the next one is free of the one before. The chains of time are easily unloosened in this way. Let no one hour cast its shadow on the one that follows, and when that one goes, let everything that happened in its course go with it. Thus will you remain unbound, in peace eternal in the world of time.
15. This is the lesson God would have you learn; There is a way to look on everything that lets it be to you another step to Him and to salvation of the world. To all that speaks of terror answer thus:
I will forgive, and this will disappear.
To every apprehension, every care, and every form of suffering, repeat these self-same words. In them you hold the key that opens Heaven’s gate and brings the love of God the Father down to earth at last, to raise it up to Heaven’s gate and brings the love of God the Father down to earth at last, to raise it up to Heaven. God will take this final step Himself. Do not deny the little steps He asks you take to Him..
. A Course in Miracles Complete & Annotated Edition.
All things are lessons God would have me learn. I will forgive, and this will disappear. I surrender all to God asking for help of Holy Spirit not to leave any stone unturned to reveal any block of unforgiveness that may be hidden in me that I may not delay my time or others of the freedom, love, peace, and joy that is our inheritance in Christ Jesus. When I am tempted to believe that pain is real, I will remember to say these words I will forgive, and this will disappear. I pray for all my brothers and myself for continued guidance, wisdom, discernment, protection, and illumination of The Way, The Truth, The Life, in Christ Jesus, Amen. Thank you for sharing with me. Walk in Love my friend!
God is Love
Love is God
I choose Love