Undoing The Way We See Things Now
Let Not My Mind Deny The Thought of God.
What makes this world seem real except your own denial of the truth that lies beyond? What but your thoughts of misery and death obscures the perfect happiness and the eternal life your Father wills for you? And what could hide what cannot be concealed except illusion? What could keep from you what you already have except your choice to see it not, denying it is there?
2. The thought of God created you. It left you not, nor have you ever been apart from it an instant. It is yours eternally. By it you live. It is your source of life, holding you one with it, and everything is one with you because it left you not. The thought of God protects you, and smooth your way, lighting your mind with happiness and love. Eternity and everlasting life shine in your mind because the thought of God has left you not and still abides with you.
3. Who would deny his safety and his peace, his joy, his healing and his peace of mind, his quiet rest, his calm awakening, if he but recognized where they abide? Would he not instantly prepare to go where they are found, abandoning all else as worthless in comparison with them? And having found them, would he not make sure they stay with him and he remains with them?
4. Deny not Heaven. It is yours today but for the asking. Nor need you perceive how great the gift, how changed your mind will be, before it comes to you. Ask to receive and it is given you. Conviction lies within it. Till you welcome it as yours, uncertainty remains. Yet God is fair. Sureness is not required to receive what only your acceptance can bestow.
5. Ask with desire. You need not be sure that you request the only thing you want. But when you have received, you will be sure you have the treasure you have always sought. What would you then exchange it for? What would induce you now to let it fade away from your ecstatic vision? For this sight proves that you have exchanged your blindness for the seeing eyes of Christ: your mind has come to lay aside denial and accept the thought of God as its inheritance.
6. Now is all doubting past, the journey’s end made certain, and salvation given you. Now is Christ’s power in your mind, to heal as you were healed. For now are you among the saviors of the world. Your destiny lies there and nowhere else. Would God consent to let His Son remain forever starved by his denial of the nourishment he needs to live? Abundance dwells in him, and deprivation cannot cut him off from God’s sustaining love and from his home.
7. Practice today in hope. For hope indeed is justified. Your doubts are meaningless, for God is certain, and the thought of Him is never absent. Sureness must abide within you who are host to Him. This course removes all doubts which you have interposed between Him and your certainty of Him. We count on Him and not upon ourselves to give us certainty. And in His Name we practice as His Word directs we do.
8. His sureness lies beyond our every doubt. His love remains beyond our every fear. The thought of Him is still beyond all dreams and in our minds, according to His will..
. A Course in Miracles Complete & Annotated Edition.
“Let not my mind deny the thought of God.” Today I will not let thoughts of misery and death obscure the perfect happiness and eternal life my Father wills for me. The thought of God created me is eternally mine. By it I live. It is my source of life. The thought of God protects me, cares for me, makes soft my resting place and smooth my way, lighting my mind with happiness and love. Let not my mind deny the thought of God, wherein lies my safety, peace, healing, peace of mind, quiet rest, my calm awakening in recognition and remembrance of where they abide. I do not deny Heaven it is mine today for the asking. In God’s Great Love for us sureness is not required to receive what only our acceptance can bestow. I practice in hope today for hope is justified all doubts are meaningless, for God Is Certain and the thought of Him is never absent. Sureness must abide within me who is the host of God Himself. I pray for all my brothers and myself for continued guidance, wisdom, discernment, protection, and illumination of The Way, The Truth, The Life in Christ Jesus, Amen. Thank you for sharing with me. Walk in Love my friend!
God is Love
Love is God
I choose Love