Undoing the Way We See Things Now
Beyond This World There Is A World I Want.
This is the thought which follows from the one we practiced yesterday. You cannot stop with the idea this world is worthless, for unless you see that there is something else to hope for, you will only be depressed. Our emphasis is not on giving up the world, but on exchanging it for what is far more satisfying, filled with joy, and capable of offering you peace. Think you this world can offer that to you?
2. It might be worth a little time to think once more about the value of this world. Perhaps you will concede there is no loss in letting go all thought of value here. The world you see is merciless indeed: unstable, cruel, unconcerned with you, quick to avenge and pitiless with hate. It gives but to rescind, and takes away all things that you have cherished for a while. No lasting love is found, for none is here. This is the world of time, where all things end.
3. Is it a loss to find a world instead where losing is impossible?208 Where love endures forever, hate cannot exist, and vengeance has no meaning? Is it a loss to find all things you really want, and know they have no ending and they will remain exactly as you want them throughout time?
4. Yet even they will be exchanged at last for what we cannot speak of. For you go from there to where words fail entirely, into a silence where the language is unspoken and yet surely understood. Communication, unambiguous and plain as day, remains unlimited for all eternity. And God Himself speaks to His Son, as His Son speaks to Him. Their language has no words, for what They say cannot be symbolized. Their knowledge is direct and wholly shared and wholly one.
5. How far away from this are you who stay bound to this world. And yet how near are you when you exchange it for the world you want. Now is the last step certain; now you stand an instant’s space away from timelessness. Here can you but look forward, never back to see again the world you do not want. Here is the world that comes to take its place as you unbind your mind from little things the world sets forth to keep you prisoner there. Value them not, and they will disappear. Esteem them, and they will seem real to you.
6. Such is the choice. What loss can be for you in choosing not to value nothingness? This world holds nothing that you really want, but what you choose instead you want indeed! Let it be given you today. It waits but for your choosing it to take the place of all the things you seek but do not want.
7. Practice your willingness to make this change ten minutes in the morning and at night, and once more in between. Begin with this:
Beyond this world there is a world I want.
I choose to see that world instead of this,
For here is nothing that I really want.
Then close your eyes upon the world you see, and in silent darkness watch the lights that are not of this world light one by one, until where one begins another ends loses all meaning as they blend in one. Today the lights of Heaven bend to you, to shine upon your eyelids as you rest beyond the world of darkness. Here is light your eyes cannot behold. And yet your mind can see it plainly, and can understand.
8. A day of grace is given you today, and we give thanks. This day we realize that what you feared to lose was only loss. Now do we understand there is no loss, for we have seen its opposite at last, and we are grateful that the choice is made. Remember your decision hourly, and take a moment to confirm your choice by laying by whatever thoughts you have and dwelling briefly only upon this:
The world I see has nothing that I want.
Beyond this world there is a world I want.
. A Course in Miracles Complete & Annotated Edition.
Footnote 208. This refers to what the Course often calls the real world, a world we can see now if we look with the eyes of Christ. Thus, the phrase “beyond this world” in today’s idea does not imply that we need to physically leave this world to find the “world I want.” Rather, it implies that we need to use the eyes of Christ to look past the world shown to us by our body’s eyes.
“Beyond this world there is a world I want.” Footnote 208. Explains we see beyond this world with the eyes of Jesus our spiritual eyes not our bodies eyes. I choose to see the world beyond the body’s eyes instead, for there is nothing I really want. The Light of the world lives inside of me and completely envelopes me. Every second, of every minute of every hour of every day, I ask my Heavenly Father to let me see with the eyes of Christ Jesus, to hear with the ears of Jesus, to love with the heart of Jesus, with all strength, all power, wisdom and discernment, the Will and Will power of God to live out this time on earth to Glorify God, to usher in The Kingdom of God to be a part of ending separation, to be part of increasing unity, wholeness and healing. Let me to recognize that what I feared as loss was only nothingness, there is no loss and suffering in Christ Jesus as the holy son of God but only gain, love, peace, joy, healing, and wholeness. I ask for Holy Spirit to teach me this truth and let me not forget or be led astray by illusions and falsehoods of the world I thought I saw. The world I see has nothing I want. Beyond this world there is a world I want. I set aside ten minutes morning and evening to rest in this thought. I pray for all my brothers for continued guidance, wisdom, discernment, protection, and illumination of purpose in The Way, The Truth, The Life in Christ Jesus, Amen. Thank you for sharing with me. Walk in Love my friend!
God is Love
Love is God
I choose Love