Undoing the Way We See Things Now
I Seek But What Belongs to Me in Truth.
Today’s idea continues with the thought that joy and peace are not but idle dreams. They are your right, because of what you are. They come to you from God, Who cannot fail to give you what He wills. Yet must there be a place made ready to receive His gifts. They are not welcomed gladly by a mind which has instead the gifts it made where His belong, as substitutes for them.
2. Today we would remove all meaningless and self-made gifts which we have placed upon the holy alter where God’s gifts belong. These are the gifts which are our own in truth. These are the gifts which we inherited before time was, and which will still be ours when time has passed into eternity.
3. These are the gifts which are within us now, for they are timeless. And we need not wait to have them. They belong to us today. Therefore we will to have them now, and know in choosing them in place of what we made, we but unite our will with what God wills, and recognize the same as being one.
4. Our longer practice periods today, the hourly five minutes given truth for your salvation, should begin with this:
I seek but what belongs to me in truth,
and joy and peace are my inheritance.
Then lay aside the conflicts of the world, which offer other gifts and other goals made of illusions, witnessed to by them, and sought for only in a world of dreams. All this we lay aside, and seek instead that which is truly ours, as we request to recognize what God has given us.
5. We clear a holy place within our minds before His altar, where His gifts of peace and joy are welcome, and to which we come to find what has been given us by Him. We come in confidence today, aware that what belongs to us in truth is what He gives. And we would wish for nothing else, for nothing else belongs to us in truth.
6. So do we clear the way for Him today by simply recognizing that His will is done already, and that joy and peace belong to us as His eternal gifts. We will not let ourselves lose sight of them between the times in which we seek for them. This reminder will we bring to mind as often as we can:
I seek but what belongs to me in truth.
God’s gifts of joy and peace are all I want.
 A Course in Miracles Complete & Annotated Edition
“I seek but what belongs to me in truth.” I come to God asking that the altar of my mind be cleared to receive what belongs to me in truth, and joy and peace that are my inheritance. I lay aside the conflicts of the world, all illusions that would offer gifts or goals that oppose what God’s Will for me is, which is perfect Love, Peace and Joy, to seek only what belongs to me in Truth, God’s gifts of joy and peace are all I want. I record and listen to today’s lesson for the recommended five-minutes on the hour periods to remind myself; I seek but what belongs to me in truth, and joy and peace are my inheritance. I pray for all my brothers, sisters and myself for continued guidance, wisdom, discernment, protection and illumination of purpose in The Way, The Truth, The Life in Christ Jesus, Amen. Thank you for sharing with me. Walk in Love my friend!
God is Love
Love is God
I choose Love