Undoing the Way We See Things Now
God’s Will for Me is Perfect Happiness.
Today we will continue with the theme of happiness. This is a key idea in understanding what salvation means. You still believe it asks for suffering as penance for your “sins.” This is not so. Yet you must think it so while you believe that sin is real and that God’s Son can sin. If sin is real, then punishment is just and cannot be escaped. Salvation thus cannot be purchased but through suffering.
2. If sin is real, then happiness must be illusion, for they cannot both be true. The sinful warrant only death and pain, and it is this they ask for, they know it waits for them and it will seek them out and find them somewhere, sometime, in some form that evens the account they owe to God. They would escape Him in their fear. And yet He will pursue, and they cannot escape.
3. If sin is real, salvation must be pain. Pain is the cost of sin, and suffering can never be escaped if sin is real. Salvation must be feared, for it will kill, but slowly, taking everything away before it grants the welcome boon of death to victims who are little more than bones before salvation is appeased. Its wrath is boundless, merciless, but wholly just.
4. Who would seek out such savage punishment? Who would not flee salvation and attempt in every way he can to drown the Voice Which offers it to him? Why would he try to listen, and accept Its offering? If sin is real, its offering is death, and meted out in cruel form to match the vicious wishes sin is born. If sin is real, salvation has become your bitter enemy, the curse of God upon you who have crucified His Son.
5. You need the practice periods today. The exercises teach sin is not real, and all that you believe must come from sin will never happen, for it has no cause. Accept Atonement with open mind, which cherishes no lingering belief that you have made a devil of God’s Son.
6. There is no sin.162 We practice with this thought as often as we can today, because it is the basis for today’s idea. God’s will for you is perfect happiness because there is no sin, and suffering is causeless. Joy is just, and pain is but the sign you have misunderstood yourself.
7. Fear not the will of God. But turn to it in confidence that it will set you free from all the consequences sin has wrought in feverish imaginations. Say:
God’s will for me is perfect happiness.
There is no sin; it has no consequence.
So should you start your practice periods, and then attempt again to find the joy these thoughts will introduce into your mind. Give these five minutes gladly, to remove the heavy load you laid upon yourself in the insane belief that sin is real.
8. Today escape from madness. You are set on freedom’s road, and now today’s idea brings wings to speed you on, and hope to go still faster to the waiting goal of peace. There is no sin. Remember this today, and tell yourself as often as you can:
God’s will for me is perfect happiness.
This is the truth because there is no sin.
 A Course in Miracles Complete & Annotated Edition.
Footnote 162. 1 John 3:5 (RSV): “You know that he appeared to take away sins, and in him there is no sin.” The above reference extends this state of sinlessness to everyone.
“God’s Will for Me is Perfect Happiness.” I accept atonement, I claim my freedom being free from consequences of sin, being of One Will with God. Salvation with perfect happiness is mine to have and share with the world. I remind myself of this often throughout the day that I may fulfill my function of sharing the love, peace and joy of God with all creation in Christ Jesus and help of Holy Spirit. Perfect happiness is God’s Will for me and all His sons. God’s Will and my will are united as One. I pray for all my brothers, sisters, and myself for continued guidance, wisdom, discernment, protection, and illumination of purpose in The Way, The Truth, The Life in Christ Jesus, Amen. Thank you for sharing with me. Walk in Love my Friend.
God is Love
Love is God
I choose Love