Undoing the Way We See Things Now
My Part is Essential to God’s Plan for Salvation.
Just as God’s Son completes his Father, so your part in it completes your Father’s plan. Salvation must reverse the mad belief in separate thoughts and separate bodies, which lead separate lives and go their separate ways. One function shared by separate minds unites them in purpose, for each one of them is equally essential to them all.
2. God’s will for you is perfect happiness. Why should you choose to go against His will? The part that he has saved for you to take in working out His plan is given you that you might be restored to what He wills. This part is essential to His plan as to your happiness. Your joy must be complete158 to make His plan be understood by those to whom He sends you. They will see their function in your shining face, and hear God calling to them in your happy laugh.
3. You are indeed essential to God’s plan. Without your smile the world cannot be saved. While you are sad the light which God Himself appointed as the means to save the world is dim and lusterless, and no one laughs because all laughter can but echo yours.
4. You are indeed essential to God’s plan. Just as your light increases every light that shines in Heaven, so your joy on earth calls to all minds to let their sorrows go, and take their place beside you in God’s plan. God’s messengers are joyous, and their joy heals sorrow and despair. They are the proof that God wills perfect happiness for all who will accept their Father’s gifts as theirs.
5. We will not let ourselves be sad today. For if we do, we fail to take the part that is essential to God’s plan, as well as to our vision. Sadness is the sign that you would play another part, instead of what has been assigned to you by God. Thus do you fail to show the world how great the happiness He wills for you, and so you do not recognize that it is yours.
6. Today we will attempt to understand joy is our function here. If you are sad your part is unfulfilled, and all the world is thus deprived of joy along with you. God asks that you be happy, so the world can see how much He loves His Son, and wills no sorrow rise up to abate his joy; no fear beset him to disturb his peace. You are His messenger today. You bring His happiness to all you look upon; His peace to everyone who looks on you and sees His message in your happy face.
7. We will prepare ourselves for this today in our five-minute practice periods by feeling happiness arise in us according to our Father’s will and ours. Begin the exercises with the thought today’s idea contains. Then realize your part is to be happy. Only this is asked of you or anyone who wants to take his place among God’s messengers. Think what this means. You have indeed been wrong in your belief that sacrifice is asked. You but receive according to God’s plan, and never lose or sacrifice or die.
8. Now let us try to find that joy which proves to us and all the world God’s will for us. It is your function that you find it here and that you find it now. For this you came. Let this one be the day that you succeed! Look deep within you, undismayed by all the little thoughts and foolish goals you pass as you ascend to meet the Christ in you.
9. He will be there. And you can reach Him now. What could you rather look upon in place of Him Who waits that you may look on Him? What little thought has power to hold you back? What foolish goal can keep you from success when He Who calls to you is God Himself? He will be there. You are essential to His plan. You are His messenger today. And you must find what He would have you give.
10. Do not forget the idea for today between your longer practice periods. It is your Self Who calls to you today, and it is Him you answer every time you tell yourself you are essential to God’s plan for the salvation of the world.
 A Courses in Miracles Complete & Annotated Edition.
Footnote 158. John 15:11 (NRSV): “I have said these things to you so that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be complete.”
“My part is essential to God’s plan for salvation.” One function shared by separate minds unites them in one purpose, for each one of them is equally essential to them all. My part, all my brethren’s part is essential to God’s plan for salvation. So it is that salvation must reverse the mad belief in separate thoughts, separate bodies, separate lives, going their separate ways. Perfect happiness is God’s will for me. I choose for my will to be one with my Heavenly Father, to do my part in God’s plan for salvation, to put an end to separation. I choose light, I choose joy that I may be God’s messenger of the Good News of Salvation for all. If I am sad, I would fail to show the world the great happiness that He wills for us all. I pray for Holy Spirit to help me to stay focused on the truth of the gift of Joy, Peace, and Love that the Father has given me, to know that happiness is mine to share with the world, that I would not fail at being God’s messenger, bringing His happiness to all I come in contact with and all that come to my mind. This is my function; this is the reason I am here. Let today be the day I succeed! I can not fail for it is God’s Will. I pray Dear Heavenly Father that you would help me and all that hear Your call to Really get this right today! In Jesus Name, Amen. Thank you for sharing with me. Walk in Love my friend!
God is Love
Love is God
I choose Love