Undoing the Way We See Things Now
Salvation Comes From My One Self.
Although you are one Self, you experience yourself as two: as both good and evil, loving and hating, mind and body. This sense of being split into opposites must induce feelings of acute and constant conflict, and lead to frantic attempts to reconcile the contradictory aspects of this self-perception. You have sought many such solutions, and none of them has worked. The opposites you see in you can never be compatible. Only one exists.
2. The fact that truth and illusions cannot be reconciled, no matter how you try, what means you use, and where you see the problem, must be accepted if you would be saved. Until you have accepted this, you will attempt an endless list of goals you cannot reach; a senseless series of expenditures of time and effort, hopefulness and doubt, each one as futile as the one before, and failing as the next one surely will.
3. Problems which have no meaning cannot be resolved within the framework they are set. Two selves in conflict could not be resolved, and good and evil have no meeting place. The self you made can never be your Self, nor can your Self be split in two and still be what It is and must forever be.
4. A mind and body cannot both exist. Make no attempt to reconcile the two, for one denies the other can be real. If you are physical, your mind is gone from your self-concept, for it has no place in which it could be really part of you. If you are spirit, then the body must be meaningless to your reality.
5. Spirit makes use of mind as means to find its self-expression. And the mind that serves the spirit is at peace and filled with joy. Its power comes from spirit, and it is fulfilling happily its function here. Yet mind can also see itself divorced from spirit, and perceive itself within a body it confuses with itself. Without its function then, it has no peace, and happiness is alien to its thoughts.
6. Yet mind apart from spirit cannot think. It has denied its source of strength, and sees itself as helpless, limited, and weak. Dissociated from its function now, it thinks it is alone and separate, attacked by armies massed itself, and hiding in the body’s frail support. Now must it reconcile unlike with like, for this is what it thinks that is for.
7. Waste no more time on this. Who can resolve the senseless conflicts which a dream presents? What could the resolution mean in truth? What purpose could it serve? What is it for? Salvation does not make illusions real and solve a problem that does not exist. Perhaps you hope it can. Yet would you have God’s plan for release of His dear Son bring pain to him, and fail to set him free?
8. Your Self retains Its thoughts, and they remain within your mind and in the Mind of God. The Holy Spirit holds salvation in your mind, and offers it the way to peace. Salvation is a thought you share with God, because His Voice accepted it for you and answered in your name that it was done. Thus is salvation kept among the thoughts your Self holds dear and cherishes for you.
9. We will attempt today to find this thought, whose presence in your mind is guaranteed by Him Who speaks to you from your one Self. Our hourly five-minute practice will be a search for Him within your mind. Salvation comes from this one Self through Him Who is the bridge between your mind and it.
10. Wait patiently and let Him speak to you about your Self, and what your mind can do, restored to It and free to serve Its will. Begin by saying this:
Salvation comes from my one Self.
Its thoughts are mine to use.
Then seek Its thoughts, and claim them as your own. These are your own real thoughts you have denied, letting your mind go wandering in a world of dreams to find illusions in their place. Here are your thoughts, the only ones you have. Salvation is among them; find it there.
11. If you succeed, the thoughts that come to you will teach you, you are saved, and that your mind has found the function that it sought to lose. Your Self will welcome it and give it peace. Restored in strength, it will again flow out from spirit to the spirit in all things created by the Spirit as Itself. Your mind will bless all things. Confusion done, you are restored, for you have found your Self.
12. Your Self knows that you cannot fail today. Perhaps your mind remains uncertain yet a little while. Be not dismayed by this.149 The joy your Self experiences it will save for you, and it will yet be yours in full awareness. Every time you spend five minutes of the hour seeking Him Who joins your mind and Self, you offer Him another treasure to be kept for you.
13. Each time today you tell your frantic mind salvation comes from one Self, you add another treasure to your growing store. And all of it is given everyone who asks for it and will accept the gift. Think, then, how much is given unto you to give this day, that it be given you!
 A Course in Miracles Complete & Annotated Edition.
Footnote 149. The phrase “Be not dismayed” occurs several times in the Bible. See, for example, Isaiah 41:10 (RSV): “Fear not, for I am with you, be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.”
“Salvation comes from my one Self.” I determine to let go of all contradictory aspects of self-perception; I will not make any attempts to reconcile the two. Good and evil have no meeting place. As I lay down the voice of ego and choose to hear one Voice united with mine, identifying my one Self with God together as One, I am set free and here is my salvation found. Salvation comes from my one Self. Its thoughts are mine to use. I am as God created me. I am His Son eternally. That is who I am. That is what I am. I release all illusions of the many different things I thought I was and thought others were. I am as God created me, one Self united with God as One in Christ Jesus. I pray for all my brothers, sisters and myself for continued guidance, wisdom, discernment, protection, and illumination of purpose in The Way, The Truth, The Life in Christ Jesus, Amen. Thank you for sharing with me. Walk in Love my friend!
God is Love
Love is God
I choose Love