Undoing the Way We See Things Now
Miracles are seen in light.
It is important to remember that miracles and vision necessarily go together. This needs repeating, and frequent repeating. It is a central idea in your new thought system and the perception which it produces. The miracle is always there. Its presence is not caused by your vision; its absence is not the result of your failure to see. It is only your awareness of the miracle that is affected. You will see it in the light; you will not see it in the dark.
2. To you, then, light is crucial. While you remain in darkness, the miracle remains unseen. Thus you are convinced that it is not there. This follows from the premises from which the darkness comes. Denial of light leads to failure to perceive it. Failure to perceive light is to perceive darkness. The light is useless to you then, even though it is there. You cannot use it because its presence is unknown to you. And seeming reality of the darkness makes the idea of light meaningless.
3. To be told that what you do not see is there sounds like insanity. It is very difficult to become convinced that it is insanity not to see what is there, and to see what is not there instead. You do not doubt that the body’s eyes can see. You do not doubt the images they show you are reality. Your faith lies in the darkness, not the light.
4. How can this be reversed? For you it is impossible, but you are not alone in this.136 Your efforts, however little they may be, have strong support. Did you but realize how great this strength, your doubts would vanish. Today we will devote ourselves to the attempt to let you feel this strength. When you have felt the strength in you, which makes all miracles within your easy reach, you will not doubt. The miracles your sense of weakness hides will leap into awareness as you feel the strength in you.
5. Three times today, set aside about ten minutes for quiet time in which you try to leave your weakness behind. This is accomplished very simply as you instruct yourself that you are not a body. Faith goes to what you want, and you instruct your mind accordingly. Your will remains your teacher, and your will has all the strength it needs to do whatever it desires. You can escape the body if you choose. You can experience the strength in you.
6. Begin the longer practice periods with this statement of true cause and effect relationships:
Miracles are seen in light.
The body’s eyes do not perceive the light,
But I am not a body. What am I?
7. The question with which this statement ends is needed for our exercises today. What you think you are is a belief to be undone, but what you really are must be revealed to you.The belief you are a body calls for correction, being a mistake. The truth of what you are calls on the strength in you to bring to your awareness what the mistake concealed.
8. If you are not a body, what are you? You need to be aware of what the Holy Spirit uses to replace the image of a body in your mind. You need to feel something to put your faith in as you lift it from the body. You need a real experience of something else, something more solid and more sure; more worthy of your faith, and really there.
9. If you are not a body, what are you? Ask this in honesty, and then devote several minutes to allowing your mistaken thoughts about your attributes to be corrected and their opposites to take their place. Say, for example:
I am not weak, but strong.
I am not helpless, but all-powerful.
I am not limited, but unlimited.
I am not doubtful, but certain.
I am not an illusion, but a reality.
I do not see in darkness, but in light.
10. In the second phase of the exercise period, try to experience these truths about yourself. Concentrate particularly on the experience of strength. Remember that all sense of weakness is associated with the belief you are a body, a belief which is mistaken and deserves no faith. Try to remove your faith from it, if only for a moment. You will become accustomed to keeping faith with the more worthy in you as we go along.
11. Relax for the rest of the practice period, confident that your efforts, however meager they may be, are fully supported by the strength of God and all His thoughts. It is from Them your strength will come to you. It is through Their strong support that you will feel the strength in you. They are united with you in this practice period, in which you share a purpose like Their own. Theirs is the light in which you will see miracles, because Their strength is yours. Their strength becomes your eyes, that you may see.
12. Five or six times an hour, at reasonably regular intervals, remind yourself that miracles are seen in light. Also be sure to meet temptation with today’s idea. This form would be helpful for this special purpose:
Miracles are seen in light.
Let me not close my eyes because of this.
 A Course in Miracles Complete & Annotated Edition.
Footnote 136. Mark 10:27 (RSV): “Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With men it is impossible, but no with God; for all things are possible with God.” In the Bible reference, what is possible with God is for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God. Here, what is possible with God is to have our faith in what the body’s eyes see replaced by faith in the light of vision.
“Miracles are seen in light.” Miracles and vison go together. Miracles can only be seen in light. I choose today to see in light, to reverse faith in darkness. I understand I can not do this alone, but I am never alone God tells us with even the least amount of effort I put forth He meets me there with His strength to make the Light of Truth Possible in His Strength. I commit today to doing these exercises today with help of Holy Spirit, fully expecting a real experience of something else, something more solid and more sure, more worthy of my faith and really there. If I am not a body what am I? I am not weak, but strong. I am not helpless, but all-powerful. I am not limited, but unlimited. I am not doubtful, but certain. I am not an illusion, but reality. I do not see in darkness, but in light. God and all His thoughts is united with me. This is the light in which I will see miracles because Their strength is mine. Their strength becomes my eyes to see. Miracles are seen in light. Let me not close my eyes because of any illusions that might try to darken my vision. I pray for all my brothers, sisters, and myself for continued guidance, wisdom, discernment, protection and illumination of The Way, The Truth, The Life in Christ Jesus, Amen. Thank you for sharing with me. Walk in Love my friend!
God is Love
Love is God
I choose Love