Undoing the Way We See Things Now
My grievances hide the light of the world in me.
No one can look upon what your grievances conceal. Because you grievances are hiding the light of the world in you, everyone stands in darkness, and you beside him. But as the veil of your grievances is lifted, you will be released with him. Share your salvation now with him who stood beside you when you were in hell. He is your brother in the light of the world which saves you both.
2. Today let us make another real attempt to reach the light in you. Before we undertake this in our more extended practice period today, let us devote several minutes to thinking about what we are trying to do. We are literally attempting to get in touch with the salvation of the world. We are trying to see past the veil of darkness that keeps it concealed. We are trying to let the veil be lifted, and see the tears of God’s Son disappear in the sunlight.
3. Let us begin our longer practice period today with the full realization of all this, and real determination to reach what is dearer to us than all else. Salvation is our only need. There is no other purpose here and no other function to fulfill. Learning salvation is our only goal. Let us end the ancient search today by finding the light in us and holding it up for everyone who searches with us to look upon and rejoice.
4. Very quietly now, with your eyes closed try to let go of all content which generally occupies your consciousness. Think of your mind as a vast round area, surrounded by a layer of heavy dark clouds. You can see only the clouds because you seem to be standing outside the whole area and quite apart from it.
5. From where you stand, you see no reason to believe there is a brilliant light hidden by the clouds. The clouds seem to be the only reality. They seem to be all there is to see. Therefore you do not attempt to walk through them and past them, which is the only way in which you would be really convinced of their lack of substance. We will make this attempt today.
6. After you have thought about the importance of what you are trying to do for yourself and the world, try to settle down in perfect stillness, remembering only how much you want to reach the light in you today—now. Determine to go past the clouds. Reach out and touch them in your mind. Brush them aside with your hand. Feel them resting on your cheeks and forehead and eyelids as you go through them. Go on—clouds cannot stop you.
7. If you are doing the exercises properly, you will begin to get a sense of being lifted up and carried ahead. Your little effort and small determination call on the power of the universe to help you, and God Himself will raise you from darkness into light. You are in accord with His Will. You cannot fail because your will is His.
8. Have confidence in your Father today, and be certain that He has heard you and has answered. You may not recognize His answer yet, but you can indeed be sure that it is given you and you will yet receive it. Try, as you attempt to go through the clouds to the light, to hold this confidence in your mind. Try to remember that you are at last joining your will to God’s. Try to keep the thought clearly in mind that what you undertake with God must succeed. Then let the power of God work in you and through you, that His will and yours be done.90
9. In the shorter practice periods which you will want to do as often as possible in view of the importance of today’s idea to you and your happiness, remind yourself that your grievances are hiding the light of the world from your awareness. Remind yourself also that you are not searching for it alone, and that you do know where to look for it. Say, then:
My grievances hide the light of the world in me.
I cannot see what I have hidden.
Yet I want to let it be revealed to me, for my salvation and the salvation of the world.
Also, be sure to tell yourself,
If I hold this grievance, the light of the world will be hidden from me.
If you are tempted to hold anything against anyone today.
 A Course in Miracles Complete & Annotated Edition.
Footnote #90. Matthew 6:10 (RSV) “Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done, On earth as it is in heaven.” The difference in the Course allusion is that God’s will is our will as well. God’s will is for us to reach the light in us today, and that is our will too.
“My grievances hide the light of the world in me.” With a resolute determination to what is dearer to me than anything else, Salvation for me, my brothers, sisters and the world as our only need, purpose and function, I seek and reach to See and Touch The Light calling on the power of Holy Spirit and the universe to help me! And my God Himself lifts me up from darkness into light, I am in one accord with His Will. I cannot fail because my will is His. I have confidence in my Father today and certain He has heard me and answered me. I hold no grievances, that the light of the world in me would Not be hidden from me or the world. I want and Choose to receive to give out, to walk in The Light, The Love, The Peace of God in Christ Jesus for all the world to see and join with me. I pray for all my brothers, sisters, and myself for continued guidance, wisdom, discernment, protection and illumination of purpose in The Way, The Truth, The Life in Christ Jesus, Amen. Thank you for sharing with me. Walk in Love my friend!
God is Love
Love is God
I choose Love