This course is a beginning, not an end.199 Your Friend goes with you. You are not alone. No one who calls on Him can call in vain. Whatever troubles you, be certain that He has the answer, and will gladly give it to you if you simply turn to Him and ask it of Him. He will not withhold all answers that you need for anything that seems to trouble you. He knows the way to solve all problems and resolve all doubts. His certainty is yours. You need but ask it of Him, and it will be given you.
2. You are as certain of arriving home as is the pathway of the sun laid down before it rises, after it has set and in the half-lit hours in between. Indeed, your pathway is more certain still, for it cannot be possible to change the course of those whom God has called to Him. Therefore, obey your will, and follow Him Whom you accepted as your voice to speak of what you really want and really need. His is the Voice of God, and also yours. And thus He speaks of freedom and of truth.
3. No more specific lessons are assigned, for there is no more need of them. Henceforth, hear but the Voice for God and for your Self when you retire from the world to seek reality instead. He will direct your efforts, telling you exactly what to do, how to direct your mind, and when to come to Him in silence, asking for His sure direction and His certain Word.200 His is the Word that God has given you. His is the Word you chose to be your own.
4. And now I place you in His hands, to be His faithful followers, with Him as Guide through every difficulty and all pain that you may think is real. Nor will He give you pleasures that will pass away, for He gives only the eternal and the good. Let Him prepare you further. He has earned your trust by speaking daily to you of your Father and your brother and your Self.201 He will continue. Now you walk with Him, as certain as is He of where you go; as sure as He is of how you should proceed, as confident as He is of the goal and of your safe arrival in the end.
5. The end is certain, and the means as well. To this we say “Amen.” We will be told exactly what God wills for us each time there is a choice to make. And He will speak for God and for your Self, thus making sure that hell will claim you not, and that each choice you make brings Heaven nearer to your reach. And so we walk with Him from this time on, and turn to Him for guidance and for peace and sure direction. Joy attends our way, for we go homeward to an open door which God has held unclosed to welcome us.
6. We trust our ways to Him and say “Amen.” In peace we will continue in His way and trust all things to Him. In confidence we await His answers, as we ask His will for everything we do. He loves God’s Son as we would love him, and He teaches us how to behold him through His eyes and love him as He does. You do not walk alone. His love surrounds you, and of this be sure: that I will never leave you comfortless.202, .
. A Course In Miracles Complete & Annotated Edition.
Footnote 199. The ending of the Workbook concludes what we might call the “Course proper,” which consists of the Text and the Workbook. The Manual for teachers is meant first and foremost for those who have completed the Course and will now teach it.
Footnote 200. This means that Holy Spirit will now direct your practice periods, telling you when to take them and “how to direct your mind” during them. For more specific instructions for how to practice after the Workbook, see Section 16 in the Manual, “How Should the Teacher of God Spend His Day?”
Footnote 201. This refers to Him speaking to you in your practice periods and you hearing His message, which is the intended result of all the training the Workbook has provided in how to listen for guidance.
Footnote 202. John 14:18 (KJV): “I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.” This comes from what is known as the Farewell Discourse in John 14-17.
I pray for all my brothers and myself for continued guidance, wisdom, discernment, protection, and illumination, of The Way, The Truth, The Life, in Christ Jesus, Amen. Thank you for sharing these 365 days of Lessons with me. Walk in Love my friend!
God is Love
Love is God
I choose Love